Frequently Asked Questions
The website provides general information about the processes and stages of buying a product from Stephanie Ng Design.
Place an Order
Our phone lines may be busy from time to time. It is advisable to forward all questions and orders by email so that we can fully reply to each request. When ordering please place as much detail as possible in your email with regards to the colour, trim, size, quantity, lead time, etc. This will help cut down the time required to process your order.
In-Stock Products (specifically pendants and lamps) that are in stock are held at our warehouse. Lead time to process your order is maximum of 5 business days. All orders must have a minimum 50% deposit paid for the order and delivery will be processed.
Out of Stock
If products are out of stock lead time to fulfill your order can vary. Please contact the Studio by email/phone to confirm current stock quantities and lead times.
A number of our pendants have many customisable options. Please refer to the website for available options. Please email us with as much detail as possible for the options you wish to choose with your order. Alternatively, make an appointment with our Studio for a consultation. Or if you wish to order bespoke lighting that is not currently on our website, please consult our designer for options.
Please email us for a quotation. Once we receive the request we will put together the quote or sales order. The preparation of quotes will be attended to as matter of priority. Once issued our quotes / sales orders are valid for 28 days.
Are all products unique?
All products are individually hand-crafted and it is common with anything handcrafted that each product has its own characteristics that make each item unique. Factors that may vary very slightly are stitch patterns, stitch consistency, colour batch dye codes, length of cord, and so on. We do our very best to ensure each product meets our strict quality control process so that only the very best are available for purchase.
How do I care and maintain my Lighting Product?
All products are designed to last a lifetime but they will need a little care and attention from time to time to ensure they can be enjoyed for years to come.
- Our products are designed for regular indoor use only;
- Vacuum on a regular basis to remove dirt and dust from the room to avoid it settling onto the product;
- Use a lint remover regularly to remove dust from the outer surface of fabric products;
- Any spills or stains should be treated immediately with a warm damp cloth or Fabric Refresher;
- Globe bulbs will occasionally need to be replaced. We will usually have stock of all of our globes (unless on back order or discontinued). Please email us to purchase a replacement.
Where do I position my Lighting Product?
Careful consideration for the location of your products is essential to keeping them looking their best and for longer. Avoid extreme exposure to sunlight, fluctuating temperatures, moisture, and humidity which can all affect the longevity of your products. Our products are designed for normal domestic use and should be well maintained to ensure they last.
What are the Safety Precautions, are there any?
Our products are made with specially selected materials to make it safe for use.
- DO NOT attempt to reproduce, modify or attempt to repair yourself;
- (LUNA LANA) Use ONLY with our supplied bulbs and specialty LED bulb;
- Before changing the bulb, ensure that electricity supply is switched off or disconnected.
Globe Light Bulbs
We have a range of bulbs including eco-friendly globes as well as the new LED low-energy consumption range. All lights will be supplied with bulbs, however if you wish to upgrade to more advanced low-energy consumption LED bulb substitutes, these are available upon request at additional cost.
Pick up / Collection
You will receive a call when your items are ready and available for collection from our Studio. Please note all orders can be collected from our Studio only from Monday to Friday between 10 am to 5 pm. Collections may be accepted outside of these times and on weekends but only subject to prior arrangement and at least 3 days in advance.
To organise freight we require an exact order and delivery address. Please ensure that there will be someone available to receive and sign for the goods. Freight charges are dependent on the quantity, weight, and size of boxes, and finally the distance to travel. Deliveries cannot be made to P.O. Box addresses. The exact delivery times are dependent on the freight company and customs etc. therefore cannot be guaranteed. However, we will do our very best to ensure you will receive your product within a specified date period.
We do not offer an electrical installation service. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange a qualified electrician for the installation of any light fittings. It is also the customer’s responsibility to inspect their purchase upon receipt to ensure it is received in good condition and to ensure that it is compatible and in compliance with the electrical standards of the country that is to be installed in, prior to booking an electrician for installation.
We provide our products with a 1-year warranty. Our warranty is piece of mind that the workmanship in your purchased product is free of defects when subject to normal application, careful maintenance and sensible use. Claims can be made through Stephanie Ng Design. Images, a description of the fault, and proof of purchase will be required for your claim to be assessed.
1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Our warranty covers workmanship and finish of materials for 1 year from the date of purchase when subject to normal care and use in an appropriate location.
- Deterioration of materials- discolouration of knitted fabric, dirt and grime due to unsuitable location of products and/ or neglect for care and maintenance is not covered under warranty
- Light Bulbs are NOT covered under warranty except LED bulbs (see Disclaimer- Light bulb). Check our Accessories catalogue for a suitable bulb replacement when needed.
Warranty is voided with respect to damage result from:
- Product is modified, repaired without written consent, improperly installed, and/or lack of maintenance as indicated under “SND Website Care-Maintenance”
- Installed in inappropriate area and/or misuse of the products.
- External causes such as fires, earthquakes, floods, thunderstorms, vandalism, unstable power supply, power surges or trips.
- When defects are discovered after expiration of the warranty period.